Effective Date: September 15, 2013
Welcome to Prept! This website and its contents are designed to comply with U.S. law and regulations.
Prept reserves the right to change this Policy. Any changes to this Policy will be included on this page so that our current Policy will always be available to you. We encourage you to periodically check this page. The Prept Terms of Service for the Site are available at: www.prept.co/legal/terms (the "Terms of Service"), and is incorporated by reference herein.
The Site requires Users to submit certain information for access to some of the Site services, including but not limited to registering for the Site and scheduling an interview on the Site. In order to participate in certain Site features, Users must create a User account. To create a User account, Users may register directly by submitting User Information to create a User account (“Direct Registration”) or by logging in using a third party service such as LinkedIn (“Third Party Registration”). For Direct Registration users, you will be required to supply User Information including but not limited to the following:
- E-mail Address
Users who sign-up with Third Party Registration allow Prept access to their third party account, including access to information stored in user profiles on the third party site. When signing-up with Third Party Registration, Prept may obtain information from your third party account subject to the privacy settings that you have set in your third party account. The information obtained may include but is not limited to the User’s name, avatar, employment information, education information, industry, and User summary.
For both Direct Registration and Third Party Registration, Users will be asked to complete a User profile (“Profile”), either by submitting information or confirming the information obtained from the third party site. Users may choose what information they add or remove from their Profiles, and Prept does not verify the information contained in Profiles. Profile information on Prept may include but is not limited to first name, first initial of last name, employment information, education information, career interests, industry, and biography. Profiles are publicly visible to Users of the Site, and any personal private and/or confidential information that you elect to disclose to other Users in your public profile shall be disclosed voluntarily and at your own risk. Users may edit their Profiles and modify, remove, or hide information that they do not wish to publicly display. We are not responsible for maintaining the security of any information disclosed in public Profiles. You should not include any information that you do not want to be publicly viewable to other Site Users.
Users will also be required to submit User Information and credit card information to complete interview bookings or purchases on the Site. When booking an interview for the first time, Users will be required to provide a credit card number and billing information, including billing address.
In the event that you contact us for support through the Site, we may also request that you provide additional User Information relevant to the support requested by you. Users are under no obligation to provide such information. However, we cannot guarantee that we can provide support in the event that relevant information related to the use of the Site is withheld. We may retain communications relating to support, and/or information drawn from such communications, for statistical and/or reference purposes.
From time to time, Prept may ask you additional questions to determine how we can better serve our Users. Any information you provide is optional.
If you choose to participate in User communications or forums (“Communications”) via the Site, any personal private and/or confidential information that you elect to disclose to other Users in Communications shall be disclosed voluntarily and at your own risk. Such disclosures shall not be considered User Information, and we are not responsible for maintaining the security of any information so disclosed.
We cannot control the actions of other Users who may view your Profile or with whom you may choose to communicate and share information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that User Information, Profiles, or Communications you post on the Site will not be viewed or used by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of User Information, Profiles, and Communications may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other Users have copied or stored your User Information, Profiles, or your Communications. We encourage you to be cautious before publicly posting User Information on the Site.
Other User Information
Other User Information, which does not personally identify you, may be collected when a user participates in certain features of Prept. Prept uses standard technology and tools, such as cookies, to automatically collect this other User Information, such as your IP address, the locality of your IP address, your geographic location, your browser type, and the date and time of your visit. Prept uses this aggregated and non-identifiable information to understand our user base and to customize and enhance our services for our Users.
We may allow third-party advertising networks and servers to display advertisements on the Site. We do not provide any personal User Information to these companies. However, they may use standard tracking tools, such as cookies and web beacons, to gather other information as you view or interact with advertisements. For more detailed information on the respective privacy policies of third-party ad networks and servers as well as for instructions on how to opt-out of certain practices, please visit the respective advertising networks directly.
Use and Sharing of User Information
User Information may be used by Prept for the following purposes:
- To send you an e-mail communication for the purposes of validating your registration with the Site
- To verify the information that you have provided during registration in order to verify your qualifications to access the Site
- To send you information about issues related to the Site and/or Prept
- For the setup and management of your User account and preferences
- To provide you with services available at or via the Site
- To customize the content and advertising provided to you by Prept or via the Site
- To fulfill your requests for products and services
- To offer products and services that may be of interest to you
- To analyze User interactions with the Site and improve the Site and Prept's products and services
- To initiate or to respond to a subpoena, investigative demand, or other discovery request that is properly served pursuant to state or federal law
- To take actions necessary to protect and/or to defend Prept’s rights and property (including intellectual property)
- To identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and misuse or unauthorized use of the Site
User Information may be shared with:
- Third party services that we use to manage User Information
- Third parties with whom we partner to enhance the products or services that we offer and/or provide
- Third parties for the purpose of verifying your qualifications to access the Site
- Government agencies (including courts and law enforcement agencies)
- Parties to civil or criminal litigation or arbitration (including arbitrators and/or mediators involved in litigation or arbitration)
- Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on behalf of Prept or its designees
- Other businesses and media partners with which Prept partners to offer or customize products and services
- Other third parties under special circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, or protecting the safety of our users
- We will not provide User Information to any third party used to manage User Information, or with whom we partner to enhance products or services, unless we receive assurances from such third party that it (1) will not use or disclose User Information for purposes of solicitation or direct marketing, and (2) will keep User Information secure using methods comparable to, or more secure than, the security methods used by Prept. However, we do not control third parties, and we assume no liability in the event that a third party breaches its promises regarding confidentiality. We encourage you to contact us at [email protected] if you suspect that your User Information has been comprised by a third party.
- Prept is opposed to spam and will not sell User Information for that purpose.
- If you do not wish to receive updates from Prept, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions that accompany such e-mails. If you opt-out of certain contacts, Prept may still contact you about any problems or issues with your User account, User profile, or any purchases you have made on the Site or from Prept.
- User Information is stored in servers physically located in United States.
- To the extent that you provide User Information to us concerning third parties, that information will be subject to the same conditions as set forth above.
Recorded Interview Sessions
Users who participate in mock interview sessions on the Site may choose to be recorded in order to allow the Users participating in the interview to review and improve their interview performance. Interview recording (“Recordings”) are optional. All Recordings are the property of Prept. Prept will make the Recordings available to the participants in the interview. Prept cannot control the actions of Users, including how they use or share the Recordings that are made available to them. We cannot and do not guarantee that Recordings will not be shared, viewed or used by persons who did not participate in the Recordings.
Information Obtained from Children Under 13 Years of Age
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose any User information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, do not submit any User or other information about yourself to the Site. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided the Site with User Information, we will delete that child's User Information from all Prept systems. If you believe that we might have any User Information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at [email protected]
Children Between the Ages of 13 and 18 Years of Age
We recommend that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
Right to Review, Correct and Delete User Information
If you provide us with User Information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the User Information that you have supplied to us
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in User Information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your User Information not be used to contact you
- To request that your User Information be deleted from our records
- To opt out of being solicited by the Site
If you request that your User Information be deleted from our records, there may be a brief delay in our processing that request, while we verify that the request is valid and originates from you as opposed to an unauthorized third party. If you request that your User Information be deleted, we reserve the right to terminate and/or limit your access to the Site.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected]
No method of safeguarding information is 100% secure. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect User Information from unauthorized and improper access, use, disclosure, modification, and destruction. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities.
Within Prept, we restrict access to User Information to individuals who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site may contain links to other web sites, including our partners and media web sites. Please be aware that our Policy does not apply to these other sites. Moreover, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other web sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. The Policy applies solely to information collected by Prept.
The Site may give you the ability to download certain software products. Prept takes no responsibility for the performance or function of software products created by a third party. Software products created by Prept may collect certain file information, including file name and path name, status information regarding computers at different security levels and connection status, and server configuration information during your use of them. The types and amount of information our products collect usually can be configured based on your requirements during the installation process and can be updated after installation. We may use information collected by our products to improve our products. Certain jurisdictions may have laws and regulations which impact your ability to collect and disseminate certain types of information including the types of information collected by our products. You should only use our products in compliance with such laws.
Changes to The Policy
Prept will occasionally update the Policy. If we do update the Policy, we will update the "Effective Date" at the top of the Policy. We encourage you to periodically review the Policy to stay informed about our collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information on the Site. Your continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to the Policy and any updates.
Prept keeps prior versions of the Policy for five (5) years from the date of the most recent update. Prior versions of the Policy are available upon request to [email protected]
Enforcement of The Policy
If you have questions regarding the Policy, please contact us at [email protected]
We welcome your comments regarding the Policy. If you have questions about the Policy or believe that we have not adhered to it, please contact us by email at [email protected]